Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Chromecast devices no longer discoverable after adding Mesh wifi point


Following is what I posted in the Chromecast support forum
I just bought a "NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM (MK62)
When I am near the satellite, I cannot cast my screen to the Chromecast that is also near the satellite.  
If I walk to the front of the house, I get connected to the router base. I can always connect to the Chromecast at the back of the house. I can leave my phone at the front of the house and walk back and see my screen being mirrored.  
For the Chromecast we have upstairs in the front of the house, it always connects. I have not had an instance where I could not mirror my screen or cast from an app.  
I switched the two Chromecasts a few days ago. I experienced the same results based on the location they are at in the house. It has nothing to do with the Chromecast units. It is being caused by being connected to the satellite NightHawk unit.  
I went to https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832 and searched for NetGear. I disabled UPnP and enabled IPv6. My configuration does not seem to allow me to disable the 5GHz WiFi.  
I am beginning to think that this router will soon be listed as not compatible with Chromecast.  
Will a Nest Mesh WiFi work? Has anyone had a similar setup and gotten Chromecast to work when connected to a Nest satellite access point?
--

No comments: