Thursday, June 28, 2007

VS2005 Super Slow Design Mode ASPX

Earlier this year I upgraded my AjaxControlToolkit.dll. I started running into this problem that I found posted in the comments at A few VS 2005 SP1 Links and Information Nuggets

Friday, January 12, 2007 12:33 PM by Mark

I've run into a problem that started showing up randomly after SP1 was installed:

I attempt to view an aspx page in Design mode and at each control that is getting created takes at least 2 minutes. The window becomes unresponsive and all I see is:

Creating control 'controlName1'

a few minutes later.

Creating control 'controlName2'

After 10 minutes, I have to kill Visual Studio -- any insight into this?

-Mark


I eventually got a new working copy of my project from subversion and the issue went away. I must have found something like what was post later in the comments of the same article.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:39 PM by Dave Franke

Hi Scott,

Finally got around the problem. Not sure what it was. I checked my web.config files but did not see anything releated to two competing references. We work with TFS. So in the end I deleted everything in my workspace and retrieved all the source code and the problem was gone. Tried a Force Get latest before that but it did not work either.

Thanks,
Dave


I am not sure what it was but this solved it. It happened again after I upgraded AjaxControlToolkit.dll following the instructions here. I post it here so I won't forget again.

No comments: